DRAKE FALLS SICK, DROPS OUT OF WIRELESS FESTIVAL 2014

BY DAMWIZ. LEAVE A COMMENT.

_76015021_getty_drake3
The Canadian musician, Aubrey Drake Graham known as Drake, said he had to drop out because he “got sick a few days ago” and doctors have said he is not “physically fit to fly or deliver the performance my fans expect”.

He was due to play gigs in both London and Birmingham.
Kanye West, the other headline act at Wireless, will now headline two nights in London.
_76015847_ap_kanye
In a statement, Drake said: “To my beloved fans, it truly breaks my heart that I won’t be able to perform as planned at Wireless and Roskilde this weekend.
“I got sick a few days ago and although I am on my way to bouncing back, my doctors have made it clear that I am not physically fit to fly or deliver the performance my fans expect and deserve from me.
“I will be focused on resting for a quick recovery.
“I have the best fans in the world and I can’t wait to come back to make more incredible memories together.”
Organisers Live Nation have confirmed that all three days of Wireless Festival will go ahead as planned in both London and Birmingham.
They said Rudimental would play an extended set on 4 July in Birmingham to compensate for Drake’s absence.
_76015851_getty_rudimental
Ticket holders attending the show on Friday in Birmingham will also receive £20 of “Wireless Credit” upon arrival at the site. This will be redeemable anywhere on site including food, beverages, merchandise and funfair.
Refunds will be available from point of purchase before the event but will not be available at the event, Live Nation confirmed.
It has moved from the Olympic Park in east London, where it took place last year.
Ticket holders attending the show on Friday in Birmingham will also receive £20 of “Wireless Credit” upon arrival at the site. This will be redeemable anywhere on site including food, beverages, merchandise and funfair.
Refunds will be available from point of purchase before the event but will not be available at the event, Live Nation confirmed.
It has moved from the Olympic Park in east London, where it took place last year.

_76015015_getty_drake
It is based at Finsbury Park in London and Perry Park in Birmingham and this weekend is also the festival’s 10th anniversary.
It is Kanye West and Bruno Mars’ only UK live appearances this year in the UK.
Other acts performing include Pharrell Williams, Outkast, Tinie Tempah, Basement Jaxx, Ellie Goulding, Wiz Khalifa, Azealia Banks, Robin Thicke, Clean Bandit, Rudimental, John Newman and Angel Haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...